Saturday, July 2, 2011

Siska :)

I met Siska about a year and a half ago...ish. I don't remember. Hahaha...but our history goes way back to when we were both schoolmates but didn't even know it! I was good friends with her sister in Primary, but lost touch when I changed schools in Form One. Her sister and I eventually found each other again through Facebook, I know...where else right? :)

Siska and I were brought together by a chance where we both thought it would excel our careers. Wrong. Instead, it excelled our friendship :)

I remember Siska was getting frustrated as she had just started trying again for her second baby but to no avail. I was getting married in a few months and I kept saying to her, "You're not going to get pregnant till I'm pregnant. Trust me, we'll get pregnant together. Just be patient." Of course, we always laughed this off and imagined what it would be like if it were actually true.

Three months into my marriage, Eddie and I decided to start trying and Siska had just started suspecting she was pregnant. Imagine our surprise when a month and a half later we both confirmed that we were pregnant. And that we were both due at the same time!!

From the day we'd suspected we were pregnant, we were constantly on the phone with each other, texting updates and helping each other through our joys and pains. Since this is her second pregnancy, there was definitely a lot of advice she gave me, which really helped me in preparation of what's to come. There were a lot of little things I would've overlooked otherwise. For example, packing a shawl in the hospital bag! :)

I just realised today that this is only the beginning of our journey. Not only are we sharing the pregnancy together, we have our babies whole lives ahead of us. Small and big milestones, birthdays, achievements, frustrations...wow. Masin betul my mulut. But so glad I know I've got someone there who is going through the exact same ups and downs with me through this beautiful experience :)

At 36 weeks - our tummies 'berlaga' when we were saying hello. Haha! ;)

No comments: