Friday, July 8, 2011

Checklist

Following my last period date, I'm 37 weeks into my pregnancy. When I went for my last check up a few days ago, my doctor told me that the baby is already 39 weeks into his development. And she casually said that the baby has descended into my birth canal and I should be giving birth in about ten days. This is exactly what she said to me after the scan = "This will be your last check up. All my first time mothers did me proud so you must too. The next time I see you I want you to be pushing." !!!!!!!!

Pregnancy, labour and delivery is something that's natural and normal to my doctor but it freaked me out that I would be due so soon! I had myself prepared for birth at the end of the month..not next week! After I told a few people, they all said the same thing = eat whatever you want to now because this is your last chance for the next few months.

This got me thinking - I need to start making a checklist. But not just for the food I want to eat, but also of what else has to be done and prepared before next week.

Food to eat:
 - Nasi lemak
- Sushi
- Wantan mee with wantan
- McDonalds
- Pizza
- Fries
- Pasta
- Cake
- Cookies
- Boost juice
- Anything and everything deep fried

So far...the only things I haven't had the chance to eat yet is wantan mee with wantan and pizza. So that means I can eat whatever I want...and double it! Hahahaha!

Preparation for the baby:
- Set up changing table by the crib
- Set up bin next to changing table to throw away used diapers
- Arrange baby toiletries and diapers
- Arrange baby clothing
- Clean the house - mop, vaccum
- Boil baby bottles and pacifier
- Set up the baby pram with pillows and blanket

Preparation for Mummy and Baba:
- Put the baby car seat in the car
- Put the hospital bag in the car
- Set up toiletries and set bersalin for after birth
- Set up steamer to cook pantang food
- Buy more socks
- Bring down more clothes for pantang

And the last and most important thing to do from now - prepare Eddie so he won't panic! :)

3 comments:

James Danvers said...

A baby is on the way! It would be much easier if a big bird just deliver the baby aite? hahah,,,

Maybe you should prepare abg long a bit earlier. I remember the night before your wedding, he came to our house and play PS2 like there's nothing happen tomorrow. Hahah... And now, you guys are about to have a baby! I lak yang excited! heheh...

Boost Juice is on the list eyh? I nak g KLCC arini.. egat nak stop by beli Boost Juice jugak.. heheh..

Selamat menjadi mommy and daddy! :)

anna r said...

I already had sushi and boost juice from KLCC smlm. Muahahahaah! :) Today nak masak wantan mee pulak. Nasib baik hari tu i already pre-made wantan and froze it. Just kena defrost and goreng jer. Hehehe...

Your abg long ni...I dah cuba prepare dia lama dah. Tapi dia slalu ckp, lambat lagi lambat lagi. After the last check up, baru dia start panic! ;)

And thanks! :)

Hey...where's my Charmed? Dah nak pantang dah ni :)

James Danvers said...

hah.. i totally forgot about it. I'll ask my mom to deliver them to me and i'll come and give it to you... :)