Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thank You

It's the little things that he does that makes me appreciate and love him more. Like rubbing my back at 4am when I'm feeding our baby who refuses to sleep, or covering my legs with the blanket when I just don't have any energy left to do it. It may seem like these are the things that are "expected" of a husband. But really...how many husbands can you tell me will be the husband/father/housewife/chef/caretaker/maintenance/midwife/massuere? There were times before this when I used to get frustrated with him, silently wondering if he'll be of any help. But when the time came, he's done more then I expected him too. And I try to never forget to say "thank you".

Thank you for waking up with me when our baby cries.
Thank you for taking our baby from me when all I needed was just 15 more minutes.
Thank you for sitting next to me when I almost fell asleep feeding our baby.
Thank you for rubbing my back and neck when our baby just didn't want to sleep.
Thank you for preparing my salt spa and herbal shower every morning.
Thank you for showering me when I didn't even have the energy to stand.
Thank you for dressing me when I was shivering and couldn't bend over.
Thank you for washing the clothes.
Thank you for cooking for me.
Thank you for washing up.
Thank you for making my milk or milo or getting me warm water.
Thank you for  putting my socks on.
Thank you for helping me with the bengkung.
Thank you for folding and arranging the clothes I can wear during my confinement.
Thank you for washing, folding and keeping our baby's clothes.
Thank you for sweeping and keeping the house clean so I don't lose my mind :)
Thank you for coming to check on me whenever I'm getting dressed.
Thank you for massaging and rubbing the minyak Ibu Halimah on me :)
Thank you for taking care of the baby for as long as you can without him crying out for milk when I'm napping - those few extra minutes really count.
Thank you for being supportive.
Thank you for enduring watching House, Charmed, Glee and Desperate Housewives with me :)
Thank you for everything I haven't managed to thank you for.

Thank you.

No comments: