Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A New Addition

We found out late last year that we were both due around the same time. About a week apart. It seemed surreal. Not only was I still digesting the news of my own pregnancy, but to find out that not only was she pregnant too, but three other friends were also pregnant and due around the same time...words cannot describe my thoughts of happiness and coincidence :)

Two nights ago I started experiencing Braxton Hicks, enough so to get a 2-day MC from the doctor who told me to rest it out. This also seemed to be a good time for me to start mentally preparing myself for when it's time. But I wasn't too worried because my hospital bag is packed and ready to go, the baby items have been washed and is ready to be used. Now, we're just waiting for the moment :)

I was cleaning up in the kitchen when Eddie got a phone call. Not long after, he called out to me and told me that she'd just delivered (!!!)  A mix of emotions overcame me. I was so happy to hear that she'd delivered and that she was ok, but it also sent reality hurling back to me - my time could be due any time soon!

When our baby is ready to be welcomed, we will do so with open arms and happy smiles. But until then, I just need to continue prepping Eddie...cause he still believes that we have a long way to go :)

No comments: