Monday, August 1, 2011

Cabin Fever: The Aftermath

Eddie was supposed to drive to Tanjung Karang and bring my mak cik urut to our house for the second session post birth on Saturday. On Friday night, Eddie made the arrangements and told me that he would leave home after Subuh and will be back in KL a few hours after that.

Being in the cabin fever state of mind, it got me thinking...what if I followed instead? That way, Eddie won't have to drive up and down so many times, and I would actually have something to do and be out of the house. Following Eddie back to Tanjung Karang wouldn't really be against the rules of my pantang, because we would just be in the car travelling back. After throwing the idea in the air, Eddie agreed. Yay!

We decided to take the new LATAR highway to travel back. Zafry was secured and asleep in his car seat while I sat next to him in the back. It was a cold and rainy morning when we made our way out. It felt so surreal and so good to know that I wouldn't be stuck at home the whole day...again! Stopping for petrol and buying breakfast, we ate and talked in the car. Things in the last week has been a bit tense between Eddie and me because of my major mood swings. But being in the car and talking like how we used to felt good again.

Reaching Tanjung Karang, Ayah called to ask if we'd reached. He also asked about Zafry and sounded as though he missed his little grandson. So we decided since we were already halfway there, we'd balik kampung for a few hours after I was done with my urut.

Ayah called us twice when we were on our way back to kampung. When we reached, he was already outside with Hakim waiting for our arrival. He was so happy to see Zafry. Eddie asked him to carry Zafry out from his car seat, which would be the first time Ayah carried Zafry. Although we only spent about six hours at kampung, everyone made the most of it. Ayah even bathed Zafry :)

We reached back to KL by midnight. Zafry slept all the way but woke up once we reached home. I got tired just at the thought of having to get out of bed every three hours to get Zafry out of his crib to feed him, I decided to 'cheat' this one night. I put Zafry in bed next to me and put him to sleep. Before this, Eddie and I agreed that we won't make it a habit for any of our children to sleep in bed with us. But this night was an exception. I don't know if Zafry was so tired from the day's events or he was so happy to get that rare opportunity to sleep next to me, but he slept from 1am to 6am! I guess he must have been happy since I don't even make it a habit for him to nap with me :)

Today, I feel so much more productive. Before this, just the thought of having to get out of bed and do anything was daunting. But this morning, I felt more energetic then ever, and I think it was due to the fact that my mood felt much better having been able to get out of the house to somewhere other then the hospital.

I think that full day outing will last me another week or so. I hope...guess I have to figure out where we can head to next weekend without my 'cheating' my pantang ;)

No comments: