Monday, October 24, 2011

People


“Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.”

I’ve seen this quote thrown about here and there a few times before this. But it never really hit me till not too long ago. I admit. I myself am not a great person. Most of the time, I’m small. I do spend a lot of time talking about other people – with my family, with my husband, with my friends and even with my colleagues. It’s human nature to do so. How can you NOT talk about other people?

However, I probably spend about 30% of my time talking about other people. Ok, that’s a lie. I probably spend about 60% of my time talking about other people. Admit it. You do too kan?

Ok. The reason why this quote hit me not too long ago…is because I realised that I know someone who spends 100% of their time talking about other people. And I know this for a fact because this person will go out of their way to be nice to someone to get the latest gossip on other people. This person also goes out of their way to hang on to a person they weren’t really close to in the first place just so they can get be in the know of the latest happenings.

It didn’t really bother me at first. Cause this person would usually come and update me and another person on whatever they’ve found out. However, this attitude really got to me when I finally saw how petty this person is. I actually gave this person the benefit of the doubt by thinking that they actually spend some time talking about other things. But then I realised that this person spends the other measly 5% of their time talking about other things just so they can get close to a person to dig about the latest gossip.

So what did I decide to do? Block them from my life completely. Why? Because I have other interests and other things to talk about.

K thanks bye :)

No comments: